Advertisement:

FTA SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY

Discussion in 'Satellite Cables and Dish and Wifi discussions' started by megabyte, Oct 10, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

megabyte Member

Message Count:

tompolo Member

Message Count:

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    For Novice; There are satellites orbiting our planet offering tv and internet services.

This satellites are known to be geosynchronous as they rotate with the same velocity as that of the earth so as to make a permanent contact with users below.

Ok, these satellites have the following types of beam; C-BAND, KU and Ka.

Recommended dish size for ku- 60cm, 90cm and 1m
    dish pan.

Recommended dish size for c-band; 1.8m, 2m, 2.5m, 3m and up to 6m.

Ka and ku has the same dish size.

Since this satellites appear to be stationary as they move along with the earth, they are placed at various degrees along the equator (east and west) to match with the same motion path.

So a user on earth must position his dish either east, west along a defined elevation and azimuth for reception. 

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    Grama error ''this'' instead of ''these'' hehe,

Africa receivable ku band satellites; intelsat 10ku, Eutelsat W4/W7, Teltster 11N, astra2b, Eutelsat w3a/w6, NSS7KU, SIRIUS 4, BADR etc

lets start with ku first, if u have updates for new transponders on the named bird above then u r free update us.

Intelsat 10ku (68 deg east)
    MYTV AFRICA -freq 12.722v, 12.522h, 12.722v symbol rate 26.657.

VIEW AFRICA- 12.562h, 12.682v symbol rate 26.657.

Astra2b(26 deg east)
    MULTI TV- 12.550v, sr 19.531

INFINITY TV- 12.545h sr 20800

CRTV- 12.600v, sr 2349
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member
    • Retired Moderator

Al3ksA Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    I'm 120% with u.

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    GTV- 12.572V, sr 2854                                  LMTV- 12.729V, sr 2725

bolajiboi Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Multi TV is a Free to Air Satellite Television, the first of its kind in West Africa.  It is free to air, and you don’t need to pay anyone any monthly subscription.  Presently, they have 10 channels comprising of the following – Joy TV, Joy News, Joy Sports, Hitz TV, Cine Afrik, 4Kids, Jesus Channel, TV3/GTV, Nhyra TV and of course CNN/BBC. There are two more channels coming soon – Adom TV and Real TV.
    On the same satellite, (which is Astra 2b) you can also pick another channel called CRTV which is also a very entertainment channels though with a lot of bias for Christian religion, there is also LMTV with lots of bias for music.
    You will agree with me that it cut across all areas of entertainment one can think of, Music is on nhyra tv and hitz tv.  Multi TV shows Bundesliga, some bits of Serie A on their Joy sports channel.  They show Nigerian home videos on Cine Afrik and of course you get lots of cartoons on 4kids and news from CNN/BBC and Aljazeera which they exchange sometimes for Sky News. They show lots of American movies, series and Mexican soaps on Joy TV. Between Friday and Sunday, at 12.30am Nigerian time, Joy News is replaced with Midnight TV, I wonder what goes on in Midnight on Midnight TV, your guess is as good as mine.
    Multi TV satellite can be track on Astra 2B on 28.2 degree east with as low as 60cm dish here in Nigeria.  You can not use the popular Strong Decoder to watch it since Multi TV transmits on Mpeg4 platform, and therefore you will need HD Decoders.
    On this forum here in Nigeria, we highly recommended Daarsat Receivers, it is HD and Mpeg4 compliant, and it is very cheap for 18,000 together with all daarsat accessories which could be useful for other FTA stuff. If you so desire, you can go for Multi TV Digibox, especially if you are in Ghana or its environs, or better still if you have a sound computer knowledge, you can watch multi tv on your PC if you can lay your hands on DVBs Card.
    What is more, Multi TV is free, and they keep saying it on their channels, that it is FREE.
    men likes this.

sammy7700 Member

Message Count:
    nice job @bolajboi. in addition there are other FTA (free to air) channel u can also watch on Nilesat over 200 channels

sammy7700 Member

Message Count:
    in dis part of the country live we even watch dstv fr33

hadidas4real Member

Message Count:
    Pls hw much are they selling mpeg4 decoder nw

bolajiboi Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    @ hadidas4real u can get mpeg4 decoder for around 15,000 naira for strong [email protected] oshodi

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    15k strong 4669x
    • Guru Member

D.Jesse Guru Member

Message Count:
    Hmmm... Impressive shot mahn. Pls hv u got i deas on how we can use ccw or dcw keys with strong 4669x.

lexxyb Member

Message Count:
    if u want to pick multitv, crtv, ltmtv and infinity tv, go and buy infinity tv package for just 12,000 promo offer. dat is wat i'm using. their office is at omole face1 or call Customer Care Lines:
    234 (1) 2302642
    234 (1) 2302643
    234 (1) 2302644
    234 (1) 2302645
    or go to www.infinitytv.info. Good luck. i love this site

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    @jesse, u know this should be  backyard matters. for Constant CW try www. key-flash. net

prince_kay07 Member

Message Count:
    NICE WORK GUYS.....WE IN PORT HARCOURT,ANY HOPE FOR US?

prince_kay07 Member

Message Count:
    WHERE CAN I GET FAIRLY USE DECORDERS IN PH...ANY HELP?

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    dont buy fairly used, get a new one. i am in calabar.

za'el_custom Member

Message Count:
    i don't know what 2 say, rada than just 2 hail u guyz, una 10 much and tanks 4 sharin wit us kip it up

prince_kay07 Member

Message Count:
    Ok,i will but which gud stations can one get?

hadidas4real Member

Message Count:
    @Thread owner where can i download software dat i will use to upgrade strong 4669x that will enable all infinity to voice out

Toye Member

Message Count:
    Always search for the truth and never compromise.

ozowarac Member

Message Count:
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

ifree GL Legend

Message Count:
    my strong decoder is SRT 4669x DVR and some of the infinity tv does not have audio, can I download and upgrade to  SRT 4910 MPEG-4 - SATELLITE + TERRESTRIAL - DVR ready - CI - CONAX? and how much is the RS232 Cable (9 pin DIN Crossed Way) which is used to  connect the PC to the receiver?

megabyte Member

Message Count:

you can only upgrade with software meant for 4669. 1.20p can fix infinity for aac problem.

megabyte Member

Message Count:

If u cant find the rs232 cable then do this. Very simple.

Go to any electronic shop selling game consoles and ask for SEGA megadrive2 JOYSTIC, buy two of it and cut both joystick into two equals to get females. The wires are 9 inside exactly as a real rs232 cable. We need only three of it.

Join the following:
    yellow to yellow, brown to red, red to brown.

Then join the rest to their respective colors
    example, black to black, green to green, blue to blue, ash to ash, orange to orange, white to white, etc.

Swapping the wires that way gives us a null modem with full handshake.

Your decoder uses only PIN3, PIN2 and PIN5.

Ensure u close each wire with tape against short circuiting.  Connect both females to your decoder and destop pc 232c connector to create an open com port for upgrade. I hope u understand.
    • Guru Member

D.Jesse Guru Member

Message Count:
    Actually wat mega said is d best. I even used my old vcd game pad to do d cable it works like magic.
    And to the infinity stuff download 110p and u r there.
    Have anybody heard abt dreambox?

eben4u Member

Message Count:
    Helo bro i'm new to dis forum, plz how can i watch mbc2 on my hitv decoder via FTA

megabyte Member

Message Count:
    You can watch fta on your hitv decoder. but your decoder cant open mpeg4 channels.

Just nail the EUTELSAT W3A @ 7deg east (it is not a true east) some how south-west. lift your dish to face the sky at an angle of 7deg. You try nailing the Satellite by positioning your dish with the following settings first;
    12.728v sr 30000. After hitting like 50% quality, then enter 11192v sr 3210 for mbc 1 and mbc 2. You can only nail it on a 90cm dish.

goodluck

hadidas4real Member

Message Count:
    Hw can i watch hitv and dstv 4 free without payin

Sponsored Links: