Advertisement:

Share How To Repair Damaged rar or zip Files Using Winrar

Discussion in 'PC Tricks, Tutorials, Softwares And Solutions' started by PaUlaRO, Jan 12, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

PaUlaRO Strict Nigga!

Message Count:
    Sponsored Links:
    It's always a good feeling when you download something and it works, but it's not satisfactory when you waste a lot of time downloading a file, maybe small or large in size and it doesn't work to me that's the greatest evil on this earth! Wasted Time, Energy, Your Internet Data... all wasted! If you download a lot off the internet, then you should be familiar with archived files such as .zip, .rar, winrar, 7zip etc. They are used to compress files making the file size smaller and this has a lot of advantage to it - Quicker download time because the file size is smaller, file protection from virus or antivirus, ability to input password to safeguard your archived contents. These are just a few that just popped into my head right now. So, Yeah using archived files, downloading archives files off the internet is all good.
    [IMG]

There are software that turns an ordinary file like a folder, picture, program and all others into an archived file and those softwares are called compression/archive softwares such as Winrar, Winzip, 7-zip and so on. There are so many of them. But i recommend Winrar. They are good. Sometimes on the internet, it seems like you can't run away from downloading an archived file with the file extension of .rar or .zip. In my perspective, i would encourage you to download archived files because of what i mentioned at the beginning of this article.
    [IMG]

How To Repair Damaged .rar or .zip file

• Download Winrar for your Windows PC. Download either x86 which is for 32-bit systems, x64 is for 64-bit systems
    • [IMG]
      Install Winrar
    • You might get a different error when you try to extract
    [IMG]

[IMG]

• Open your damaged .rar or .zip file with Winrar
    • Select the damaged archived file and Click on "Repair" to start the repair process
    [IMG]

• Select "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" if it is a .rar file or Select "Treat the corrupt archive as ZIP" for .zip files
    [IMG]

• For a successful recovery, your archived file should have "Recovery Record". This is very important! Without a recovery record, the archived file won't be totally repaired.
    [IMG]

• Wait for few minutes, Winrar would identify the damaged sectors and recover the sector. It doesn't take too much time depending on the file size of the archived file.
    • At the end, when you see this, then you know your archived .rar or .zip file has been totally recovered and ready for extraction.
    [IMG]

• Congratulations!
    HINT: When creating your own archived file, always make sure you add the option to include recovery record, so as to make life easier for all of us. Thank you.

Source: www.nairatips.com
    iAmWiz and samoguntuga like this.

samoguntuga Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Tecno f5
    :shake:You too much bro..
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

PaUlaRO Strict Nigga!

Message Count:
    Thanks. :shake:

Don't forget to visit my site www.nairatips.com I have more awesome articles like this.
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

nobertyoung GL Legend

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    GT-7000 & TECNO F7
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

PaUlaRO Strict Nigga!

Message Count:

djsound+ Member

Message Count:
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

PaUlaRO Strict Nigga!

Message Count:
    You are welcome ;)
    • Guru Member

nosa88 WHIZZ KID

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Lg G2 Android 6.0.1
    Nice one..
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

PaUlaRO Strict Nigga!

Message Count:

;)
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

PaUlaRO Strict Nigga!

Message Count:

;)

Kieran Stephenson Member

Message Count:
    If you're having corrupt ZIP and RAR archives, you can try WinRAR utility. It has a built-in repair feature that can repair RAR archive as well as ZIP archive. WinRAR utility has one more feature which you can use here. You can use its "Data Extraction" feature to extract data from corrupt archive files (both ZIP & RAR). For detailed information, you can refer to this blog post - Repair ZIP File | Repair RAR File – Easy Manual Tricks | N. Sem's Blog

I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.

gertrudedougla Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    I am sharing Zip Recovery Tool can efficiently recover your data from corrupted or damaged zip files created by WinZip, Winrar and any other compressed utility.It can
    can easily recover zip files and restore recovered zip data such as images, photos, music file, songs, email mailbox files, important document files from corrupted, damaged or inaccessible WinZip or Winrar files.It embedded with a Graphical User Interface so that this software is easy to use, no special skills is required to recover zip files data. You just simply select your corrupt zip file which you want to recover and then scan the files.

Sponsored Links: